Rules of Promotion for the Staff Members:
1-The applicant for getting the position of assistant lecturer or Professor must spend five years in the lower degree, and the applicant may present his papers three month before the end of the specific period.
2- He must attend the courses of staff members’ abilities development.
3-The applicant must determine the specialization in which he wants to get the promotion attached with his published accepted for publication researches.
4-The staff member who is in an internal or external secondment or in a scholarship or dependent for his wife can normally present his papers for promotion, but he can’t do this if the allowed period for his secondment or scholarship ended, but after his return and back to work.
The general conditions for promotions:
- The supreme council of universities determines the specializations of every committee of the promoting committees
- Publish the specializations on the website of the promoting committee
- Form a committee of 7 to 9 of staff members ,who are chosen as arbitrators, this committee’s mission is promoting the staff members to be assistant professor or professor
- The promotion of the staff members is determined according to the recommendation of the specialized committee
- The university council assign the serious complains to the high advisory committee at the supreme council of universities, which checks the complains accurately.
- Then it has the right either to return the papers back to the specialized committee or to save the complaints and illustrate the reasons of its decisions.
- The committee also must write detailed report about its acceptance or reject of the complains
- If there is no specialized committee for checking certain specialization, the dean must transfer the paper to the secretary of the supreme council of universities, who transfer the paper to the high advisory committee which decides either transferring the paper to one of the existed committees or suggest forming a new committee
- On the announcement of academic positions in the different universities and institutes these institutions should ask for the committee’s opinion